Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2003 Exchange not sending out. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcasaol

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
I recently implemented Exchange Server as part of SBS 2003. Emails were flowing fine initially, but now we cannot send emails outside of our domain. We receive emails fine, we can send and receive withing the domain. But when someone sends to an external address it sits in the queue as scheduled. If I right click and forc connection the emails are delivered. What's going on? This must be a simple fix, probably a problem with configuration.

Thanks

I am having the EXACT same issue... Did you find a resolution????

Could be a firewall issue (I have run into this in the past). Exchange 2000 and 2003 use a "newer" SMTP protocol to communicate with the rest of the world. Place I knew that had a 1998 firewall, had the same problem. I upgraded them to a Cisco PIX, solved the problem... not that I recommend a PIX to everyone. SBS should has ISA installed on it, which could be one solution. I prefer a hardware solution, more reliable. Try one of the "cheesy" little DSL router/firewalls, to test, then look at a more robust solution if this is the answer.

I figured it out a while back. I had to set the Small Business SMTP Connector Delivery Options to Always Run.

Hi,

We have the apposite problem, we can' receive mail (we have a mail reflector from no-ip)

How did you configure to receive the mail

J

I had a similar problem where an application running on SBS2003, when attempting to connect to the SMTP server to send a confirmation email, would fail. The solution in this case was simply to add the external IP of the server to the "Allowed Relay IP addresses" in the exchange security properties.

Known Issue with ISA server component.

"You will notice that NOOP is highlighted in the above screenshot of the SMTP Filter properties. I have changed it from its default of 6 bytes (4 Char + CR LF) to 38 bytes- this is because I have seen other Exchange servers (both 5.5 and 2000) pad their NOOP (which stands for No Operation) commands with 25 or more bytes of 0x20 characters. In these cases, the default 6-byte command filter would block the command, and it would cause mail delivery problems from those hosts. A maximum length of 38 bytes has worked just fine for me ever since

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back