Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2003 2 NIC Site to Site VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankygee

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
GB
Have been Googling this one for a while. I have seen the question asked without conclusion. Have posted here because I think it is an SBS issue.

I have a main office with SBS 2003 std, 2 nic config. All working fine.
Remote users currently connect using MS VPN to the SBS server. No problem.

I need to connect a branch office with 3 XP Pc's and want to do it via a site to site VPN.
I have setup a PPTP site to site VPN between 2 Draytek 2800's as per their forums and this appears to be working fine. I can ping the internal interfaces of the routers both ways. I can ping the external IP of the server from the BO. But can't ping the internal interface of the server.

I would be grateful for any advice on the direction I should take i.e. should I use the SBS box as the end point. Should I use IP sec. Do I need to set up a route from the external interface to the internal one the SBS?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
PPTP

Since you have a router setup for the site to site why not just use only one NIC in the SBS box. Just run all your traffice through the router instead of through the SBS. That way the server just looks like another machine on the network instead of a router/firewall and you'll be able to hit the internal interface of the SBS machine from the other side of the VPN tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back