Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2000 Exchange Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I have Windows 2000 Small Business Server . Its working fine except when I send emails out it is recieved at the other end as john@abc.local instead of dot com. What could be the problem. Thanks

Technically, there isn't a problem. This is by design.

Go to Exchange System Manager. Drill into Servers\Servername\Protocols\SMTP\Default Virtual Server. Right click, properties. Delivery. In there you set the outbound domain name.

<signature sold. new owner moving in shortly>

In Delivery I have 3 options
Outbound Security
Outbound Connections
Advanced--- In Advanced I have a a fully qualified domain name as--- server.abc.local if I want to change it to server.abc.com it doesnt let me change it stating that it is not a fully qulaified domain name. I have another Small Business server 2000 with the same option (server.abc.local ) and that server is working fine.

Where else do I have to change the abc.local so I can fix this problem.

Edit your default SMTP recipient policy to reflect the dot com that you want on the end of the email name.

Next go to you AD user(s) and create an email address that uses the username@abc.com format. Look below that box for the checkbox "Automatically update the email addresses based on the recipient policy" and clear that box.

This has worked for my customer bases.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back