Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBM24 Module lit, but not displaying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP-one

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2016
US
Hello,

I just installed this module on a 9611G phone for our receptionist. It worked before, but has not been used for at least a year. I plugged it in and all the lights come on and respond with a tone, but nothing is displayed on the LCD contacts.

I was able to change the brightness for the module using the "Home" button, but nothing else. I confirmed that the phone's power is turned to "H"

Thanks in advance.

Have you programmed any on button 25-48 for that user?
Reboot the phone as well, with the sidecar connected.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Thanks for the response, but I do not see a way to program the buttons. If I remember correctly, the last time this was working, it would display a list of contacts from the contacts database and incoming calls would also show up on the sidecar. There is nothing but a lit LCD.

Does it beep at you when you press the button? Programming is usually done from the Manager program.

The buttons don't programme themselves, you need to do that, it's easiest using Manager :)

Never heard of anyone putting the Appearance buttons on the sidecar before:)
Clearly someone reconfigured the buttons after the module was taken away.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Yes, it was that easy. Thanks. At one time all the contacts displayed, and for some reason I thought it automatically downloaded the contacts from the Avaya database.

The keys can be used for literally hundreds of features as well as internal user, group and external dial shortcuts, it can't possibly guess what you'll need or where you'd want it etc

Lesson learned though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back