Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechCoordinator

Technical User
May 8, 2003
I recently started using SBCON and would like to backup a container EXCEPT one subdirectory which is the Home directory for the teacher with a lot of powerpoint files.

Including these made the tape run into a 2nd volume so I wish to backup these separately, which I have done.

I cannot find the correct syntax to exclude this directory. I try things like: <vol name>/<directory name> but none of them work.

I kept trying until I found the answer to this. To exempt a subdir in a container one must format the full path like:

<Vol>://<container_name>/dir/.../dir/<final dir>

Since one teacher uses about 80% of the directory space in a container with all the teachers, she uses powerpoint, this allows me to BU her stuff on one tape and all the other teachers on one tape w/o having the problem, for me, of a multi-vol file.
If anyone needs to know more then post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back