Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBC/AT&T DSL Setup New Sonicwall TZ170

Status
Not open for further replies.

dball63

MIS
Jan 31, 2001
US
I plan to install a new TZ 170 at our location this weekend. I think I have everything I need but I recall that during my last install of a sonicall DSL solution, SBC had to make some changes to our DSL account so we could use the sonicwall instead of their speedstream modem. Is that still the case or am I confused? Please help. I'd like to get this installed Friday evening.

David
Sacramento, CA

They have to configure the DSL modem so it is bridged. This will allow the sonicwall's WAN interface to be configured with the Public IP.

you're probably right. That is what they did I think. The last one I did was using dynamic IP prior to SBC switching it.

This one already had static ip addressing. I was under the impression that I was not going to need the speedstream modem any more and the the TZ170 would function in place of the modem. I couldn't get that to work this time so I have the firewall sitting behind the modem. Not sure if thats the way it should be but its working for now.

David
Sacramento, CA

Right on! Then I'll leave it as is. Thanks for the advice.

David
Sacramento, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back