Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saxon cannot resolve DTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

petey

Programmer
Mar 25, 2001
US
Running Saxon to do a transform fails when an input document contains a DOCTYPE whose system ID references a DTD on the site. Deleting the DOCTYPES from all the documents isn't an option. I'm on the network, but behind a proxy. Any suggestions?

Code:
Error
  java.net.UnknownHostException: [URL unfurl="true"]www.w3.org[/URL]
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

Yep, I can reach the DTD with my browser. What I've determined so far is: 1) Since java doesn't know that it's supposed to use a proxy, forcing it to use a proxy with a special java -D option fixes the immediate problem, however 2) A parser shouldn't be using the SYSTEM id to ping the w3.org site every single time. It should be set up so that it resolves the PUBLIC id against a local copy. I think I need to set up a catalog manager or something. That's where I'm at right now in trying to figure this thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back