Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Savings items in SENT folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogoss

Programmer
May 31, 2001
US
I am using an external application (PowerBuilder) to use MSExchange 5.0 to send emails. Even though I have set up Exchange to NOT save sent items in the SENT folder, PB ignores this and they get saved there anyway. This causes my mail disk space to fill up to quickly. PowerBuilder has a delete email function, but it only works (as far as I can tell) for items in the INBOX.

I have a similar problem, but not with PB. Someone else used my pc, and now I don't know where my sent messages are going. I've tried to find it, but I can't seem to locate them. Where can I reconfigure this to have my messages sent to the sent items folder again?

Sorry Bogoss, but I dont have an answer to your question...as I am not fimiliar with that PB software....
But for bvd, go to Tools->Options and in the preferences tab click on E-Mail options, and in here see if the box for saving a copy of send messages in the sent folder is ticked, if not, then your messages might be saved at all....(actually that might work for bogoss!!!)
bvd try sending a mail with the subject of something like abcdefghijk and then do a search for abcdefghijk and see if it finds the mail???? Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back