Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving website source code by code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaweedOPM

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
I'm using a web site that produces xml output. The thing is that on the actual displayed page it has hyphens that corupt the xml. I can view source, select all and copy-paste into an xml file (or just save as and rename to xml). What would be nice is some vb code or vba or anything that would alow me to extract that data into an xml file, and (if possible) append more queries to the xml file. I can use vba in access or excel, vb.net 2003 or vb.net 2005.

NOTE: xml file comes out perfect two ways (while viewing page in internet explorer):
1. File-> Save As-> xml
2. View-> Source | (notepad) File-> Save As-> xml

Yah, but my problem is importing it into the dataset from the web page.

Ahh, I think I see now. Someone else has a website that kicks out XML data. You want a program that will crawl their site and gather their XML?

-Rick

----------------------

[monkey] I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]
[banghead]

yea, i figured that if i had basic vba code to view the source in a web browser component that i could use Access. And just make a table of all the arguments for the web site url, then make a loop to run through, refresh the page, copy source, next arg....

Do you work with visual basic 8 (.net express) ?
Whis VB8 it is too eazy.

-

On my work pc all i have is VBA and web matrix right now.
On my laptop i use VS2005. I bring the laptop to work just no internet. How would i do it though? Cause i could make the app on my pc and put it on the work machine?

You want to load a web page on a browser and get its source code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back