Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Voice Recognition Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

crycris

MIS
Mar 21, 2005
US
I work in a college and one of our classes is on voice recognition in Word 2003. Our problem is that we lock the hard drives with DeepFreeze(when the computer is rebooted any changes to it are lost and our configuration is restored). When we have that class we have to have them unlocked so that the students can work on their profiles. We don't like having the hard drives unlocked becasue of virus and spyware threats and students like to change settings. Is there any way to save these profiles with the hard drive locked?

Why not create a utility to save the voice recognition files to a USB drive? For example, use SyncBack or similar utility to manually or automatically time a backup from all users to this USB drive. Check archived file dates to be sure current time & date stamp is on each file.

Then tomorrow simply restore them back to the correct directories using SyncBack. Ask your lab IT people to assist if this seems cryptic. Also contact Dragon NaturallySpeaking, or whoever your vendor is an ask them for some assistance. They might have a better solution. Keep us posted.

Dave

Unfortunantely, I am the lab IT people. My problem is that there are some things saved to the registry. I had the profile saved to a USB drive but the registry settings aren't restored. I am not familar with SyncBack. I will have to check it out. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back