Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Outlook Web Email to Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

connerintel

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2003
US
Problem. I have a need to offload email from an Outlook Web mailbox onto my hard drive. I want to be able to save more messages than the maximum allowed on the Exchange Server, so I need to move emails to a hard disk. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

ConnerIntel,

The only way I have been able to reduce the size of my mailbox while im out of the office is to save large attachments to disk, print the email and delete it!

I know no other way.

Cheers

You could just set up private folders on your PC and move the email from your inbox to the private folders. That way Exchange will no longer be the caretaker of the messages.
You could also do an export to a local .PST file to archive the messages, then delete them in Outlook.

I agree you could open Outlook Express and get the messages into it then they will be deleted from the server.
Or open Outlook and create Personal Folders and move the messages into them.
They will only be accessible on the one computer you save them on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back