Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving LiveReport to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbr

Programmer
Jun 11, 2010
US
Does anyone have suggestions for how to easily save a LiveReport to Excel or a csv file? Copying from the screen is ok in some cases, but it appends spaces before and after the fields. I can also use the Excel Web data source and point to the HTML table containing the report data (figured out the work-around for 9.7.1). It's just hard for novice users to handle - a bit too comlpex.

Why not spend some money buying Web Reports,it does this and many more other things and are geared as a "export livereports for dummies".BTW jokes apart that is one of the most useful modules a organization can buy.
Otherwise I have written code or used the excel nuances to do this

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

Thanks, appnair. I found ReportPlus (Palfrey Street) does just what I needed - users are happy. I looked at Web Reports - it's great, but more than we could afford.

I just got an update of the Reportplus software and it now has a fix for the 9.7 problem extracting Livereports into Excel using the web query. I had seen another thread from 2007 on that - my workaround was to use appearance to turn off the search box on the Livereports that users wanted to query to Excel. But now I don't have to do that any more!

The fix for the Excel web query is available for free from the palfreystreet website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back