Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving list of emails to a file or spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulWarren

Technical User
May 20, 2011
GB
How do I create/export a list of emails as displayed in the mailbox
to a file (text or excel or whatever) or to folder in windows (from which I know I can create a list).

I don't need the contents of the emails or any attachments - just the list.

I need to run a comparison on the sender and subject lines from my mailbox against the same in the sent folder and in my archive?

I can do this once I get the lists, but how do I get the lists?

Thank you Marvin for your suggestion, however I have already tried this and get no response from GW at all. It just ignores the instruction. You click on it an nothing happens.

I have downloaded GWSave and have saved a filtered folder of emails from GW to a folder in C/My Documents as .eml files.

From there I use command prompt to to list the directory as a .txt file which I then import into excel. Then it is just a question of formatting the text to columns.

This gets the job done but is very labour (and disk space!!)intensive.

I was just hoping for a quicker and easier way do do something which on fist view, one thinks ought to be quite simple.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back