Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving in psp

shedevil73

Technical User
Aug 27, 2024
Hello
I have Paint Shop Pro 23.
I do my work and save it in pspimage to my work folder.

If I go to another folder, to pick another element let say, the same image saves there.
It's another copy. So if I go to another 10 different folders, during the same work, it is saves there so I have10 copies all over.
How do I stop that?

Thanks

This doesn't answer your question, but do you really need PSP2023? I know it offers some impressive features but do you really need them. If so, fine. And in that case I'd suggest you re-install it. Nothing to loose.
The reason for my question is that I use PSP9 - really! And it does everything I need and it's fast - most important. Fast to run and fast to power up. And I feel I'm in control.
If re-installing doesn't solve your problem try PSP9 - the best JASC release in my opinion. It may be a revelation!

I must agree with geo3geo... I miss my older versions of PSP. I ended up having to upgrade (from 6 to 2023) and its been nothing but a nightmare for a year now. Like, why did they do away with the ability to right click a layer and VIEW CURRENT ONLY? Any VIEW option really, it's now "upstairs" and takes multiple clicks to get to. And, you can no longer see which layer you have selected without having to hover over the tab. And, they eliminated the tool which was a vector select... now you can select both vector and raster with the same tool but it doesn't indicate what type of layer you selected. You can't pin palettes anymore! Nor is there an option to make the palette (layers and materials mainly) an auto-hide flyout... it's always open or always closed! And I have seen tutorials where the image screen is made smaller so IF you have a palette open, your image isn't always under the palette... but I can't figure out how to resize that! So much more I find irritating, if anyone else wants to discuss...

I'm really hoping someone who knows more PSP23 than me can convince me it's not a piece of cumbersome junk...

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back