Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat37

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
US
Help!! I recently had to have my hard drive cleaned out and re-install all my programs. I installed dreamweaver again and set up my remote site info again. Now when I save images through Fireworks (where I edit htem) they show up in fireworks but they are not listed in my site. Or in my files when I am trying to insert a picture. I am sure I have overlooked a small detail when I set up my info in dreamweaver but I am not sure what. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank
Kerrie

Hi,

I'm not sure how it's done (I skipped that bit) but can't you register certain Assets, as MM calls them to be available through your site definitions?

As an aside you might want to check out a post by Derren a few months back which pointed you to a site whereby you could save your site definitions as part of a registry backup procedure. Certainly worth it if you have several dozen web apps on your hard drive!

M
"There are 3 kinds of people; those that can count and those that can't"

Hmm

make sure your Local site definition matches the folder you save/export to within Fireworks.

Thats all I can think of The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

I have tried several different approached to this problem. Now the images appear in my asset panel. But to make this more of a mess I looked in my site and the heirachy has changed. The files seem to be descending aphabetically rather thar ascending. If i chang this manually how will it affect the site? The folder containing all the website information is kept on the company server, not on my drive.

HELP!!

Kerrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back