Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving files as *.PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

damhna

MIS
Sep 6, 1999
US
I suspect i know the awnser already but is a full product install required to allow saving as PDF from e.g Word.

I remeber hearing tell of a driver that will allow this without a full install.

While we have licenenced copies of Acrobat around and we have a requirment to perform this function without a full install.

If someone is aware of the component of the software that is required I would be greatful. Otherwise a link to an official site where it is categorically Not Possible would be of immense help

Paul O'Connor
damhna@hotmail.com

Take a look at Adobe Products home page and check last item listed under e-paper. You can get this product and install on your company intranet server and anyone can use it to create a PDF.

You can convert files to pdf format by using Adobe Distiller or Adobe PDFMaker. Adobe PDFMaker comes with Adobe Acrobat and is integrated with word/excel/powerpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back