Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving File error to novell 5 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

djl7780

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2003
US
I am trying to save an Excel file to my network, which is a novell 5 file server. On this particular file I get a &quot;Client32: out of disk space writing file <File Name> to server <server name>. Try deleting some files before retrying operation.&quot; I have 2.33 gigs of space available on the drive I am trying to save to. Any suggestions. Also I updated to the newest client, and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dustin Landry
dlandry@mmrgrp.com
IT Manager CCNA, MCP

Have you set any user space requirements on the volume?

Yes I have already checked that, also checked rights. Dustin Landry
dlandry@mmrgrp.com
IT Manager CCNA, MCP

Try turning off file caching. At the console, type:

SET CLIENT FILE CACHING ENABLED = OFF -----------------------------------------------------
&quot;It's true, its damn true!&quot;
-----------------------------------------------------

thelad,
When I type that in it says it is an unknown command, i double checked my spelling, and I typed it exactly like you did. Any suggestions? Dustin Landry
dlandry@mmrgrp.com
IT Manager CCNA, MCP

If you are running NetWare 5.0, you need SP6a or higher to turn off file caching. I think it is SP3 for NetWare 5.1 -----------------------------------------------------
&quot;It's true, its damn true!&quot;
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back