Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Excel Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopster

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
GB
Have anyone ever heard in Excel, saving a document and instead of overwriting it, it's automatically incrementing the file name?

I am choosing Save, but Excel seems to be doing a Save As.

I don't think it's a read-only file, as I assume that would prompt me for a Save As name?

If you choose Save, you're saving the document in the same location with the same name.

To alter the name or lacation of the file you must use Save As.

Leigh Moore
LJM Analysis Ltd

I am trying to save it as the same name in the same location, but it is automatically incrementing the file name.
[ponder]

Ther is no code, Leigh.

The actual problem is occuring when I create a document, save it as "dumb", close Excel, when I double click on "dumb" , it opens it but the filename at the top says "dumb1", and will then save as "dumb1" when you click on save, you can do a file > save as and select "dumb" again and overwrite, but it's annoying.

I've re-read my earlier postings and it may have been a little mis-leading... I have confused my tiny brain!

Hi,

Look if there is some code in the module “ThisWorkbook” on the even “BeforeSave”

Jean-Paul
jp@solutionsvba.com

Jean-Paul
Montreal
mtljp2@sympatico.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back