Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thertel00

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2007
US
I recently powered down my option 11c to move it to a new location. When I brought it back up, all the changes I had made in the last few months were not in the switch. What is the deal with that? Luckily, I use OTM and was able to identify non-working sets and retransmit the changes. How do I verify that changes are being saved?

as long as you are doing regular backups (datadumps) in LD43 that shouldnt happen. in LD22 prt ovly and see if ld 43 is in the drol's, in fact I dont even know if taking 43 out of mids is even an option.

How do I check to see when the last time it was run? Can I run it manually?

Here is what I get from LD 22

>ld 22
PT2000

REQ prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
SID 0
BKGD 044
PBXH 01
TODR 01
DROL 030 034 038 044 135
MULTI_USER ON

Any time a change is made the system will automatically do a backup. have you klooked at your printout in the morning to see what happened douring the MIDS to make sure everything is OK. Sounds like you have a problem on the system.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Ace is correct. You do not have to have 43 in the midnights. If there is a change it will automatically do a data dump.

Always do a LD 43 EDD after making a lot of changes and watch to make sure it completes correctly.

Because of the problem you had you need to do thid to determine if there is a problem with the drives on the system.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Do I need to to the EDD after hours or can I do it anytime?

You can EDD anytime. If you get in the habit of dumping after changes, you will see if the dump is successful or not.

Your switch may have been choking on the automatic dump. Normally when this is the case the switch will respond with 'No Go, Bad Data', when the EDD fails.

This can be a sign of database corruption.

You should add 043 to DROL!

REQ prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
SID 0
BKGD 044
PBXH 01
TODR 01
DROL 030 034 038 044 135
MULTI_USER ON

I just ran an EDD and it processed successfully. How do I add it to DROL?

thertel00
as told before you have to load ld 17.
REQ:CHG
TYPE:OVLY
Press Enter till DROL and then write 43.
Do An edd.

It is NOT nesseary to have LD 43 in the DROL, it will do a backup if there where changes. Do you check the printout every morning to see how the DROL went and that it didn't have any problems? If your not looking at it and fixing any problems, your not doing your job.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

If you are not sure of your backups type dat in ld 43

This will list the dates and times of the available backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back