Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saving acces options selections .... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmole

Technical User
May 9, 2002
GB
i am trying to get the access options i set to load to a client's computer when i install my newly developed database.
specifically i have set the options /edit/find menu to all be off.
however when i install on the clients machine his options take over and all the actions queries which happen my autoexec runs set off warning dialogs..... i can easily reset the options on his machine but i want to know how to do it via my install.

i've sussed it for win nt.... access has a master database which is referenced in the registries....
but i cant seem to find these entries on a machine running xp....

any ideas ........ pretty please.

Actions should not be turned off through options because then they are permanently off for all access apps. What should be done is they should be truned off during the running of the query and then turned back on after the query is run. To accomplish this, build a Macro and tell it to Set Warnings Off then Run macro XYZ then Set warnings to ON.

thank you.... thank you... thank you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back