Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkide

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
US
Access 97

I have a report with a chart on it. The chart is based on a query. Is there any way to save a copy of the report that displays the chart with the current query results (basically make a snapshot)? It can be in Excel, Word, or Access..

Years ago I use to do this by printing it out to a pdf file using adobe acrobat (full version of course). It worked well for management reporting because I could just store it in a specified place so that it linked to the intranet site and they could all view it as needed. I don't know if the free Snapshot Viewer for Access will do the job or not but you might wnat to check it out. Good Luck

ssecca is right, if you open the report you can Export it to the filetype of .SNP

This can then be opened by any machine that has the Microsoft Snapshot viewer installed.

Thnaks...I downloaded the Snapshot Viewer and it works great. My users will love this. Is there any way to edit the snapshot? For example...can you open it with another program and add comments to it?

No my understanding of the snapshot viewer is it is not editable by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back