Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving a query as a table 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenche0820

Programmer
Aug 7, 2003
CA
Hello,

In MS Access, I was wondering if it is possible to save a query result as a table. For example, let's say I have a query

SELECT T.A, T.B FROM tblAbc AS T WHERE T.A>T.B;

I'd like to save this result as a new table and work with it (add new fields, calculate averages, etc.) Is that possible?

Thanks very much!

Kenneth

Hi kenche0820,

You just need to change your Query to a "Make-Table Query".

In Query Design Mode, Select Query > Make-Table Query... from the Menu, and enter the name of your new Table. This will change your SQL to ..

[blue][tt]SELECT T.A, T.B [red]INTO NewTable[/red] FROM tblAbc AS T WHERE T.A>T.B;[/tt][/blue]

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

When you are in design view of the query, select "Query / MakeTable" from the menu. It will ask you for the name of the table to create. Save and run the query.

Thanks very much guys for such detailed and fast responses! :eek:)

Perfect...

just what I wanted...

I didn't even have to ask... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back