Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving a CallPilot Message to CD? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telco01

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
US
Is it possible to somehow save a CallPilot message to a CD, thumb drive etc?

If you're using Desktop Messaging or MyCallPilot then you can save the audio as a wave file and manipulate the wave file like any other .wav file

Telco01 - I'm trying to do the same thing you are. I have a location that's been getting bomb threats, and they want the .wav file to send to the FBI. I have a Call Pilot system, rls 4.4.4.30.

I'm a bit of a Nortel newbie, so I'm not 100% sure how this is done. Based on my poking around, it looks like Desktop Messaging is the way to go. I know I need messaging and VPIM shortcuts. What else do I need? Do I need any type of licensing? SMTP server? What are the steps?

Yes, I have Desktop Messaging on my PC. I open the message and listen to it. Then I go to file and save it as a .WAV file. That's how I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back