Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Savepnpc problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmidds

MIS
Jul 9, 2003
GB
I get the following reported for one of my servers :-

* brab2bdb4a:M:\ 1 retry attempted
* brab2bdb4a:M:\ savepnpc: Unable to run preclntsave successfully, see savepnpc.log for possible causes.

When I check the savepnpc.log I get the following message :-

06/19/04 06:00:38 preclntsave: No commands specified to be run.

my savepnpc files looks like the below :-

type: savepnpc;
precmd: "M:\Oracle\bin\stopB2B.bat";
pstcmd: "M:\Oracle\\bin\startB2B.bat";

Timeout: "12:00pm";

The path is correct - any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

try using \\ instead of just a single \ i.e.

"M:\\Oracle\\bin\\stopB2B.bat"

I too am trying to set up savepnpc. It seems to be tempermental and doesn't give alot of info during errors.

Si

Don't forget to shut down the NW software on the client and delete /nsr/tmp/*.lck if you have a failure.

Hi,
I had a similar problem and ended up putting my stop and
start .bat files in the \nsr\bin so that I could be sure
Networker was finding them. I think in the end it was
something to do with needing \\ instead of
Regards
Trevor

oh yes, make sure your scripts/batch files set up their environment (PATH, etc) because the calling program gives them none to begin with.

Is M: a network drive? If so you won't be able to see it. A mapped drive only exists for a logged in user, and since NetWorker is running as a service on the client it won't be logged in. Try running the commands from a local drive.

Hi there,

are you running those scripts under windows? The savepnpc copmmand runs under the context of the "NetWorker Remote Exec Service". So you have to run this service under an account with enough rights to run all the commands in your script.

Happy savepnpc-ing,
Heiko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back