Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

savepnpc error

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGTObug

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
AT
savepnpc exited with error 229830. can someone tell me what this error message means. We´ve opened a call at Legato but they haven´t recently contacted us.

thx

On the backup client, look at the following file for clues:

nsr\logs\savepnpc.log

Did the failure occur during the pre or post commands?

Hi!

the problem occurs while the precmd is executed. In the Savepnpc.log files there is nothing interresting to see. only
03/08/03 04:00:29 preclntsave: All command(s) ran successfully.
03/08/03 04:01:18 preclntsave: The tmp file for the group exists. Another savepnpc may be running.
03/08/03 04:01:43 preclntsave: The tmp file for the group exists. Another savepnpc may be running.
03/08/03 04:02:58 preclntsave: The tmp file for the group exists. Another savepnpc may be running.
03/08/03 04:03:23 preclntsave: The tmp file for the group exists. Another savepnpc may be running.
03/08/03 04:03:48 preclntsave: The tmp file for the group exists. Another savepnpc may be running.
03/08/03 04:04:29 pstclntsave: All savesets on the worklist are done.
03/08/03 04:04:30 pstclntsave: All command(s) ran successfully.

I don´t know. Could it be maybe some notice information?
In the Daemon.logs i see following
fwvsra:DISK$AXPVMSSYS:[000000] Pre-process at 7-FEB-2003 08:27:44.89
* fwvsra:DISK$AXPVMSSYS:[000000] nsr$save: error, no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools
* fwvsra:DISK$AXPVMSSYS:[000000] nsr$save: Cannot open nsr$save session with fwvbra
* fwvsra:DISK$AXPVMSSYS:[000000] savepnpc: exited with failure status 229380

hope i´ll get to hear something recently.

thx LGTObug

Could it maybe some timeout error?

There were a number of issues with savepnpc. There are patches available for 6.1.3, but since your client is running OpenVMS, you will need to open a support call to ask for patch for this platform.

As for the exited with failure status 229380, I would suspect that this is an error number returned from the OpenVMS client.

we had the same problem. It's because Networker tries to execute the savepnpc-script for each saveset entered and not just at the beginning and the end of the backup of that client. Legato has a patch for it.
A possible workaround is to create a client with one saveset only to backup i.e. exchange database only and another one without savepnpc to backup the rest.

I implemented it the same way and it works.

thx for your help.
But this is an Open VMS error.
Has anyone expirience with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back