Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Savenow.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobmello

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
US
Anyone familiar with what this "process" does. My desktop won't load upon login until I end this process in task mgr (uses 7mb of RAM). Im running win2k at home, logging in locally, and I see this process as using up a lot of resources both when my IE occasionaly hangs or crashes, and when I log into the machine.

I'm also running with Active Desktop activated and wonder if savenow.exe is related to this? Is AD good or bad to have running on my system, can it cause problems like crashing my IE?

Thanks!
(i couldnt find anything on technet about savenow.exe)

Youre correct! I didn't (intentionally) install Bearshare, but that CD Freaks article helped me out immensely. I went into add/remove programs and found two spyware programs - savenow.exe and new.net - i removed them both and my machine is fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back