Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Savegrp.log file not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonduma

Technical User
Oct 27, 2006
ES
Hi,

I'm looking for the savegrp.log file of NW for AIX and it is not in /usr/logs directory or any other.

How can I obtain savegrp information to know:

* Which clients configured on the server are members of the scheduled group.
* What level of backup (save) to perform.
* How many save sets to run concurrently, determined by the parallelism value set on the NetWorker server.
* When the most recent backup of the group occurred.

Thank you.

You will never find it unless you change the default setting for the savegroup notification ... on UNIX by default the report is sent as mail to the root user.

I have some e-mails that NW send to root.

How can I grep them to find useful information that savegrp.log can provide ?

Where can I change the setting for the savegroup notification ?

Can be possible to have both, the savegrp.log and an e-mail ?

Thanks

Well, this is what you have in the Windows notification: nsrlog -f "Z:\nsr\logs\savegrp.log"

Just modify the "action" field of your notification appropriately.

Sure. May i suggest you look at other notifications as there are some which save their message(s) into a file.

Hi,

You will find the contents of the /nsr/logs/savegrp.log in a Windows System on the /nsr/logs/messages on the AIX system.
Each block contains informations such as: successful save sets or unsuccessful save sets.
You can also make what 605 says such as a notification with the action nsrlog -f "/mount point/file name"

Thanks,
Best regards,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back