Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

savegrp is already running

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyd6630

MIS
Jul 20, 2000
US
Visit site
A newbie question:<br><br>I have only one enabled group, which is scheduled to be run every night. But it only successfully ran once, and the successive runs got the error message:<br><br>savegrp is already running<br><br>Can anybody tell me what's wrong. Thanks.<br>

I don't know what platform you're using (I use NT), but if you check networker administrator and look at your groups, you'll see a clock on your group.&nbsp;&nbsp;The clock means it's running.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you right click and look at details you can see what it &quot;thinks&quot; it still needs to backup (incomplete savesets).&nbsp;&nbsp;I've had this problem backing up SQL servers that we're running at full duplex.&nbsp;&nbsp;They would give an MMD error and that would hang the job like you are seeing.&nbsp;&nbsp;Unfortunately you can just rightclick and stop the job, it gives an error (with NT anyway).&nbsp;&nbsp;Only way to stop it is to restart the networker services on the server.&nbsp;&nbsp;IF you have another platform, you may have to reboot the server or something.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope that helps.

If you are running Legato on the Unix platform, check to see if this savegrp is hanging out there are a hung process.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just had a similar problem, and located the savegrp<br>process using the ps command, and then killed the PID.&nbsp;&nbsp;That resolved the problem, and I was able to restart the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back