Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Savegrp command with Save Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2001
CH
Hi, I use the savegrp command lots of times to issue backups on clients that have failed in NMC. But lots of times it is just one saveset that has failed on the client. I was wondering if there is a command to backup up the client on a particular saveset? Thanks in advance.

John.

The Group Restart function in NMC is supposed to address this - as long as the group restart window has not been exceeded, only the failed saveset will be retried.

We have updated all our daily groups to have a restart window of 23:59 to allow reruns to be perfromed up to 24 hours after initial start time.

P.S. 7.4 seems to have a problem whereby a Restart picks up the schedule at the time of rerun rather than the original schedule - allegedly fixed in 7.4.4 and 7.5

Thanks julianbarnett, yeah I know about the right click on the group and you have "Start" or "Restart". But you know, I do not trust gui operations. And if you can do it from the gui, then you should be able to make this operation from the command line. Thanks for help.

savegrp -R <group_name>

This option is used to restart a group that was stopped or if savesets failed and they need to be retried. The restart window attribute of the group is used to determine if it is too late to be restarted. If the window has elapsed the restart is converted into fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back