Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Savegroup completion report Legato Networker V.7.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittweiden

Technical User
Jun 21, 2004
DE
Hello,
after upgrading from Legato Networker (W2000 Server) V. 6.1.3 to V.7.1.2 there is no possibility to get a report of a savegroup completion, as i got it in V. 6.1.3 with the freeware "report.exe". This report was set in the "Server Notification" -> "savegroup completion" on the Networker GUI with the -csvr parameter. This caused, that every group wrote a seperate log file after completion. Now this report is no longer supported and I send the savegroup completion to only one big savegroup log.
Is there a possibility to get a good report of a savegroup completion, without buying Legato tools ?

I've never heard off report.exe, where is it available from? Whoever wrote it may be writing a version for Networker 7.

report.exe is an unsupported tool from a previous Legato employee. Due to the new structure of the resource database, it will not run with NW 7 any more.

A similar utility (not that detailed) is available from this url, which reflects to Legato's German Support Page:

ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/NetWorker/German/seplogs.zip

Hello,
I tested the seplogs.bat and it works fine.
That log is exactely that i was looking for.

So thank you for your quick help !!

I must say that the 605 consitantly has great solutions to all Networker issues, its hard to find third party Networker tools, Netoworker reporter from Legato is great tool also and forks almost free ( Dont tell them this).
Any one else has generic scripts to make networker reporting easier--Please let me know.

There's also a neat script written in Perl by John Stoffel. You can find it at:

You just need to install Perl for Windows and modify the script (very little should need to be modified) and it will give you a nice summary of the savegroup.

Regards
Khoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back