Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saved and then can't open in same version

Status
Not open for further replies.

randall14

Vendor
Jan 11, 2005
US
I'm working on an imac in Quark 4.1 on system 9.2
this happened a couple of times today for the first time ever.
I save a small document then later go to open it again while quark is still running and I get an error that says "this document cannot be opened with this version of Quark Express" (I only have one version-4.1)
I tried the document on my other computer (4.1) restarting, restarting quark, etc and it won't go away.
I rebuilt the document twice. It happened again the first time and then not on the second try.
the only thing new is I have a new maxtor 250 gig drive- but again sometimes when I save the document to that drive it happens, sometimes not..
any ideas?

This might work. First save a backup of your known good file in a different folder. Close it.
With QuarkXPress open, select File>Open. Find a file that you could not previously open. When you have the correct filename in the File name field, key Opt while clicking Open. This will reapply many of the 4.1 settings, one or more of which might have become corrupted in your file.
By the way, do you have AutoBackup set in your Application Preferences? If not, you might want to think about it. I end up using an autobackup file at least once every couple of months. Not often, but when I need it, it saves a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back