Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save to Floppy Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakpack

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2003
US
I was picked (short straw) to maintain 8 computers in a Sorority House. They all have W2k Pro. How would I set the machines so that the users can only save Info to a floppy disk? Office 2000 pro programs. They want to open and edit on drive C: but only save to A:. Through users groups, I have them where they cannot install programs. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Mike

In Word 2000 - open it and then go to Tools > Options.
When the options open - select the tab File Locations.
Select the Documents and press Modify. When the next window opens - in the Folder name type A:\ and press OK - This will
force the users to save the files to the A: drive.

< I want to work in Theory - everything and everybody works in Theory !!>

In EXCEL - Open the EXCEL and on the main tool bar - select Tools - Options - Click on the General Tab - In the Default File Location put A:\ and press ok.

Access 2000 - On the Main Tool Bar - Select Tools - Options.
Click on the General Tab and in the Default Database Folder type A:\ and press ok.

< I want to work in Theory - everything and everybody works in Theory !!>

Those steps will only tell the Office programs where to initially try to save to. The users will still be able to navigate to the C:\ drive and save there if they choose.

Just FYI.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back