Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save Split PDF Reports with Unique File Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotte

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2000
US
I have a report that I want to save as a PDF by a unique file name by employee id. Currently, I have a report with activity by employee that page breaks at a change in employee id (unique 5 digit number). Instead of printing this out, I would like to print the report to a PDF by employee by id. In other words, if I have 100 employees, I would end up with 100 files and the files would be named uniquely by employee id.

I've found a third party solution that will take a PDF and break it apart like I want, but I wanted to know if Crystal could accomplish the same thing natively or if anyone has used other ways to accomplish the same thing. Thanks - Dave [sig][/sig]

I'm curious. What is the 3rd party solution? I have a similar problemI am trying to find a solution to. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back