Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save set restores to netware 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim28375

MIS
Oct 26, 2002
GB
I am running Networker 7.2 on Win2k3
I have Novell 5.1 clients
When i try a save set recovery, i get error message saying no save sets found.
The save sets are there and can do file restores with no problems

I have seen another post stating that with Networker 7.2 that save set restores are not possible, can any one let me know the web links so i can present my manger with the good news!!
Cheers

Just look down the page until you find the thread "Netware 4.22 client / Networker 7.1.3 issue"

That seems to be more about setting the backups to run from the schedule which we have resolved by adding a system varible found on the legato knolage base.

Just to clarify I can perfom all normal backups from the networker adminstrator and have the full functionality on all the netware server.
However i am unable to do save set recovery.

Tim
MCSE 2003
HP APS

The problem is the NW 7.x server. Due to the new "user groups" resource, you can not do save set recovers any more. The solution is setting the environment variable on the server.

The Variable that i added is "NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X" and the value set to 1.

This enabled us to do the backups and file restores but i still cant do the save set backups.

Is it documented by Legato?

Tim
MCSE 2003
HP APS

It's not yet in the docs. But it is documented in LGTpa50711.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back