Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save real-time data in client PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junian

Programmer
Oct 9, 2009
GB
Hi all

I am a newbie to Ajax and Javasript. Please help me out...

I am using Ajax and Javascript to show real-time data on the web page. On my web page, a 4-digit number is displayed in a text box and this number updates every 10 millisecond automatically to display real-time data (show 100 numbers per second).

What I would like to do is to save the lastest 10 second data in the local PC (client PC) when client clicks a button on the page. Is that possbile with Javascript and Ajax? Or is there any other ways to sort it out?

Any suggestions I would appreciate it .

Many thanks

Did you try setting cookie?

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Hi Lyndon

Thank you for your reply. I can not get cookies of my website like normal website for some reasons (sorry, difficult to explain here).

Would it be possible to import to Excel or Word from web content/data?

Or there is another approach would be to write a new webpage by using JavaScript and store the latest several seconds data (couple hundreds of numbers) on this webpage. And then users can save this page manually. I am not good at Javascript, but I am thinking...for example, there is a variable X which carries a real-time data. If X is changed, put the value of X in Place1. When X is changed again, then put the new value in Place2, and so forth. Do you think if it will work out this way?

I would appreciate it if you could show me some similar codes regarding my questions.

Many thanks
Junian

If you're using Ajax to send back to the server just store on that database.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Did you solve this?

Lyndon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back