Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save DTS Package as File

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixnay5

MIS
Jan 10, 2002
US
Hi all!

I'm running 7.0. I have a DTS package that simply transfers a table from one database to another. It works fine manually. I'm trying to save the package as a file so I can run it in a job (Server Agent) using dtsrun. From within DTS package editor, it appears as though I'm saving the file to C:\MSSQL7\Binn\Tradeshow.dts, but when I use Explorer to locate the file, it's not there. Explorer indicates there are no *.dts files on the server. I copied the file path from the DTS editor into the cmdexec window so that the command reads:

dtsrun /F "C:\MSSQL7\Binn\Tradeshow.dts"

(i've tried this without the quotes too)

and i get this error:

DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147287038 (80030002); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The system cannot find the file specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts.hlp Help context: 704. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

-----

Needless to say, I'm more than confused.

Thanks!

ixnay5

Right click on the package and do schedule package. This will add the job to the sql agent. You can then go to the step in that job, and copy the DTS command.

NCB, thanks for response.

I'm afraid I don't understand. No new SQL Server Agent Job is created when I create and schedule a new local DTS package. Is there a app configuration setting that I'm missing?

ixnay5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back