Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save database in certain directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aydan

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
BE
How can I open the file/folder browse window, the one that opens when you save some file, where you can brouwe on the drives and folders to save your file to.
I want to let the user save the database to the path they can choose. (only the linked tables)
Thanks

Aydan,

If I understand your question correctly you mean like an excel spreadsheet - when you "Save As" it asked you to choose a location for the revised copy, thus keeping the original spreadsheet unchanged since its last save?

If this is the case I dont think it can be done in such a manor.. If you can post what the intention is for trying to do so, perhaps we can offer an alternative?

The intention is saving a copy of the database on exit for instance on a location on the network (to the hard disk of another computer on the network) for back up purposes. The path must be set by the user in an options form. To avoid typo's it would be nice to brouwse for the location to save to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back