Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save data between TABS on form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basia

Programmer
Apr 27, 2001
ML
Greetings.

I am currently using tabs to move between data. I have 4 tabs that each have a sub form on them. All of the sub forms use the same table. When I move between the forms and udpate data on each TAB, I get a message that I need to re-edit the data because the record was already edited and saved.

Is there anyway to set up a command to save the record when moving between tabs?

Any help is appreciated...Basia

Try DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord. If you look in the object browser, I believe all or almost all of the commands you can do off of the menu system are setup as enumerated constants with a acCmd prefix.

Good Luck!
Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve! This makes the post more visible to others in need![thumbsup]

Thanks for your response. Do you know how I can "attach" the save command when leaving a particular page in the TABS?

Basia

There is an OnChange event for the tab control, but I am not sure whether it pertains to the old page or the new page. I'm not that familiar with tab controls. You might want to try going into single step mode and nosing around. Sorry I can't be of more help that that.

Good Luck! Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve! This makes the post more visible to others in need![thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back