Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save As issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

oradba101

MIS
Feb 28, 2003
US
Greetings,

I am using Crystal 10.

If I have a report open and I want to save as a report with a different name, the name in the window bar in the top left hand corner still has the name of the original report.

I know that if I select File->Summary Info from the menu bar then I can save it there but is there a way to make the title automatically change?

Thanks,

William Chadbourne
Programmer/Analyst

Save as WILL change the report name in your current view. I wonder whether you are saving a subreport instead of the main report.

-LB

Actually, it doesn't. I have to manually change it in the File->Summary Info.

William Chadbourne
Programmer/Analyst

If you have a value in 'Title', this will be shown as the report name. Put 'Mickey Mouse' and the machine displays that as the name, regardless of the file name. If 'Title' is blank, the file name will always be used.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Yes, I guess if you have entered a name in the summary file, and then do save as without changing it, the same title will remain. I never use that feature, and didn't realize you had started out using that.

-LB

I didn't. It puts the saved report name there automatically.

William Chadbourne
Programmer/Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back