Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save As in Word 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymath5

MIS
Dec 23, 2000
US
Have a Word 2Ksp3 running on W2Ksp3, 512MB.

When the user trys to do File:Save As she gets an error message about macro settings not allowing that action. Macro security is set to Low.

If she does F12 (save as), there is no problem. Has anyone seen this before?

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Hi polymath5,

Have you tried deleting/renaming the user's normal.dot? Sometimes this helps clearing up some unexplainable issues in Word.

Good luck.

Regards,
Unica

Yes, I did that. That's often the place I start with wacky Word problems. Thanks for he suggestion though.

It seems that the problem comes when you do 'save as' from New document that was just created from a template and has 'document x' as its name. IF a document has already been saved, no prob.

So I'm thinking it's not that much of a problem as from an unsaved new document a simple 'save' is all you need, as there is no file name yet.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

So there must be some code in the FileSaveAs procedure of the template where the document is created from. Maybe you can add a check if the document to be 'FileSaveAs' is a new document and then call the FileSave procedure, or show the user the FileSaveAs window. The rest of the code that probably causes the error will then be skipped and the user notices not any difference.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Unica

This happens in every document, regardless of the template that originated it. I'll dig deeper and if I find something I'll report back here.

Thanks for your suggesgtion!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back