Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save As FileFormat Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjsullivan

Programmer
Aug 21, 2003
US
I have been looking here and throught the excel helpfile for the command that is the equivalent of Save As using FileFormat = Current Excel version.

I already have sucessfully used CSV, xlExcel5, xlNormal, xlExcel9795 in this file. My concern is that if I save a CSV and then try and save using xlNormal, that xlNormal will refer to CSV and thus I will get another CSV and not an Excel XP/2002 file.

wbTemp.SaveAs Filename:=rExportFile, FileFormat:=??? for Excel XP/2002?

Seems a strange question because all you need to do is to do the Save As when you will find it will do what you want.

Regards
BrianB
Use CupOfCoffee to speed up all windows applications.
It is easy until you know how.
================================

Has rExportFile a .xls extension ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

rExportFile has an .xls extension as it was just created as a blank workbook and then data was copied to it. So if I xlNormal to the new book I should be ok because it will be in the current excel format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back