Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV Corp. question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brarnold

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
We have Computers in the field that are not on the domain not getting Live Update and we can't communicate with them in the console. The computer's on the domain are fine. Is there a way to fix this w/o going to each computer. I.E. open proper ports, etc...
Thanks!

The more I think about it. I know which ports to open...It's a group policy or reg. file question. The computers are not on the domain so I can't make a GPO for them, and can't get to them to do a local GPO. I think I'm stuck!

Managed Client: Since managed clients use UDP for all communications to parent servers you will always have issues managing them through the Symantec System Center. You have a few options at this point.

1. Change the port the client uses for client/server communications if you just need another port to talk on: HKLM\software\intel\landdesk\virusprotect6\currentversion\AgentIpPort (restart service after change)

2. Live Update uses HTTP and fails over to FTP directly to Symantec servers. If LU is not working discover why and resolve.

3. Setup and run a script to get the updates every day via ftp. You can get one from Symantec at:
I think it is setup for SAV servers. However, can be changed for SAV Clients.

If this does not help please be more specific regarding your issue for better assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back