Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV CE 9 - Symantec System Center Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieBlueEyes

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
We are a one server network on which I've installed SAV CE9 and pushed the client program onto 12 computers from the System Center. This was not a problem and each of the computers is receiving the updates.

However, I have the following problems:

1. When a computer is showing "Threat Found" and I try to access the log for that computer, I get an error that reads "Symantec AntiVirus could not collect all the log data from the selected computer(s). Please verify that Symantec AntiVirus is running on these computers." This happens on all but 2 computers - 1 running XP Pro and 1 running W2000 Pro. The rest of the computers are inaccessible (all XP Pro except for one other W2000 Pro.) I can't figure out why I'm unable to access their threat history and other log information.

2. One client (XP Pro) is showing Auto Protect Disabled, however, it's a managed computer and this is not an option that can be changed by the user. When I check the computer, all looks good. I can't figure out how to remedy this status situation.

SAV has been working very well for us and we haven't had any instances of infection at all. I've been experiencing these problems for over a year and am just getting tired of trying to figure it out on my own. (I also don't get to spend 100% of my time on the IT stuff)

I appreciate any advice you may be able to give me.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the tip on item #1. I can't tell you how many times I searched the Symantec knowledgebase. I don't know why I couldn't find this one.

For item #2 - Now that I've been able to access the threat log, I found that the Trojan.Tooso.F has been listed from 6/26 to 7/19/05. I need to get this off of her computer, so I've gone to Symantec and will follow their instructions for removal of the trojan. I'm sure this is the problem because it has disabled the auto-protect function yet all of the other computers are showing the auto-protect as enabled.

I'll let you know if I'm successful.Thanks again for your assistance!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back