Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV 10 Quick Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2002
US
The new SAV 10.0.359 has scheduled start up quick scan automatically setup during installation or rollout. Call to Symantec and they are awared of the situation but is working on the solution.

I personally does not want to visit 1000 plus workstations to remove it manually. Is there any other way around this?

Hello, Isnt there an option in the 'symantec system center' to stop this? We use version 9 and all client options are remotely controlable. Was thinking of upgrading to 10 but if what you say is the case then this would be a disaster at the client end.

Nope, I've spoken to their level 2 support and there's no way around it at the present.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Finally. But I am holding off the roll out until they have the fix in the next build instead of using workaround.

Thanks

oh plus they haven't fixed the problem where a protected server from one group couldn't get def update from another protected server in another group. Both servers are on SAV10. However SAV9 server from another group will get update with no problem.

Try copying the root certs from the Symantec system center pki structure to the primary server.

c:\program files\symantec\symantec system center\pki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back