Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV 10 migration troubles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyds

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
US
I've started upgrading from SAV 9 to SAV 10. I've gotten all the Servers upgraded with little problem. Haven't had a chance to do clients yet. The problem is now I can't do any client administration from the SSC console. For instance, if I go to client autoprotect option I get the following message 'Symantec Antivirus could not configure "clientname" client autoprotect options' . I get this with any of the client admin options.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Ok, you guys may have a problem. See, SAV 10 migration is screwy. You have to do it completely right or the server group root certificate won't get moved to the right place and you won't be able to do anything.

Have you uninstalled the SSC and installed the SAV 10 version of it? If so, that should transfer the root certificate to the primary server. If that happens, you should be able to move all the other servers out of the server group into a new one, then move them back, and they'll inherit the right certificate from the primary.

Take a look at this for the right way to do a SAV 10 migration:

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I did uninstall the old SSC and after the upgrade installed the new one. I tried moving the other servers into a new server group and brought them back with the same result. There's just no love here. This is the first SAV upgrade I've ever had an issue with. I'd be tempted to start from scratch and uninstall/reinstall everything but that would take far too long. I've got a few servers and about 300 clients. As it is, all machines are getting updates and I can see any threats, I just can't set client/server admin options. I'll play with it for a while and let you know if I find anything.

Let me know if you think of anything else to try.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Sorry... I'm an idiot. In the login certificate settings for the server group there is a setting for the amount of time the cert is valid for. It's set for one day. I've had the SSC open since early yesterday. I shut the SSC down and opened it back up and it's working ok now.

Sorry to waste your time.

Thanks

That's a new one on me. I'm going to have to remember that...I'm always leaving the SSC open for weeks at a time!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back