Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Satellite Transmission Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pado1

Programmer
Nov 13, 2010
CZ
We bought a TechniSat DigiCorder HD S2X Plus ( satellite set-top box but didn't know it needed two cables running from the satellite to it in order to fully work. The problem is we can't run a second cable to the other side of the flat to the set-top box without making a mess of the place. Is there anyway to send the satellite signal to the box without a cable? Please help me. I've tried contacting the manufacturer a number of times but each time they give me a different response, and each one I don't understand. In simple terms, is this possible? Thanks in advance.

I can get a view of the rear connectors on this unit, but it's not very clear.

Describe the two cables you reckon you need to run across the other side of the flat, and to which sockets would they need to be connected to on the DigiCorder unit.

Also tell us which cable/connection you've currently already got in place.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Here are pictures of the rear of the set-top box and the wall sockets. I was going to use a normal coaxial cable.
imageview.php

i

Ok, I see now what you're trying to do, although I have absolutely no experience in this field.

I do not believe that any WiFi option will help you with this. From the first pictures you posted, it looks to me like your sat dish has two separate LNBs, which require their own individual feeds (coaxes) to the DigiCorder receiver, i.e LNB1 and LNB2.

It may be possible to use a diplexer to effectively combine these downleads, and then split them just before receiver. See this:
However, I am doubtful if this would work, unless the signal frequencies of the two LNBs on the dish are in two different frequency bands. You need to find a forum dedicated to satellite dishes and receivers. Here's one, but it's in German!
Sorry I don't think I can help you much more - let us know how you get on...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Thanks for sending me to the other forum. They solved my problem. There's something called a Stacker De-Stacker Switch which combines two cables into one and back again. Thanks a lot for your help!

Glad you're on the road to sorting it out.

I think the Stacker De-Stacker could be deemed to be a diplexer - takes two signals down the one cable.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back