Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

satellite phone rings when attendant phone rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

April Wales

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2022
US
I messed up my phone! Somewhere along the line while trying to change something on my Nextel Norstar M7310 phone, I turned on an option for my phone to ring at the same time as our automated attendant phone. It does this for all 4 lines now! Please tell me the process to turn off the ringer and have it only ring when the automated attendant transfers the call to me.
Thanks!

Nextel Norstar M7310 phone"

No such thing, it's one or the other.
Last I recall Nextel used to be a cellular company.

Unless Nextel does "satellite" phones?

You did not specify what you did to turn it on in the first place or mention that your forget what you did.
Answer DN's and Hunt Groups come to mind.
Since you use "satellite" phones maybe it's an External Forward of sorts.

Maybe more details and more accurate names of devices would help.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Sorry for the confusion. I must have had nextel on the brain. It is a Norstar M7310. I don't remember what options I was in at the time, nor what I did to change it, if I did, I would be able to undo it. My terminology is not correct either it seems. All of the phones are in the office. I call it a satellite phone because it is away from the main base phone that is assigned to the automated assistant, not sure what else to call it, you tell me. My phone is the only one that is doing it, so whatever I did, I did to my extension only.
April

Ok thanks

Just another phone then.
My guess is then just Answer DN's
Look at your set in programming, specifically under Answer DN's, then press scan to see what is assigned then change to Unassigned, repeat until you get "None Assigned" and see if that works.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'm sorry, I'm a computer IT person, I don't know what answer DN's means. It was some ring setting on my phone that was changed from 0 to 2 I believe since that's what it's doing now. There are many features, can you tell me where specifically to look in programming?

Answer DN example:
An Answer DN key is programmed on a set to answer another set.
So when the executives phone is called, the assistants phone will ring too.
You can read the Installer Guide for more info including the programming tree to see what is where.

But since you say you changed 0 to 2 that changes everything, if you have more info then best to supply it all now.

Did you go into the phone system programming to muck this up or some feature code on your phone?

Or did you perhaps go into voicemail admin programming via F983?
Did you get a half ring every time somebody called when it was set to 0?
In F983 look under AA/Lines and check the ring count, if it's at 2 then put it back to 0.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

The info I had was from over a year ago when I "mucked" this up and we were working from home. Not too easy to remember everything from that long ago, I'm old.
That being said, F983 AA ring count was set to 2. So I set all 4 lines back to 0. Is there any way to stop the short chirp ring on my phone when an outside line rings in? Also while I have you, for some reason, If someone is on line 1 and someone else calls in, it will not roll over to line 2, it rings busy to them. Is there any way to fix that?
Thanks for the 2 ring solution!

stop the short chirp ring"
The lines are set to "Appear & Ring" on your set, since Auto Attendant is also told to answer it will beat you to the call hence the half ring.
You will need to make the lines "Appear Only" in the KSU programming under Sets/LineAccess/Line X

If unsure of programming, it's password or how to navigate then you will need to read the installer manual or call a vendor for onsite or remote assistance.

"It will not roll over to line 2, it rings busy to them"
The rollovers are controlled by the line carrier, call them to sort it out.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back