Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAS learning resources 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot

Programmer
Oct 8, 2000
US
Hi Gems !

I am a programmer on IBM Mainframes.I work on COBOL,DB2,IMS,NATURAL and ADABAS.I am on a Datawarehousing project and when i am reading some of the articles on Datawarehousing, I was really surprised to know the importance of SAS. I came across SAS ealier in other projects but never so important, but when we talk about datawarehousing,datamining, or data analysis it is the SAS that is everthing.

I want to know saliet features of SAS and looking for resources to learn SAS. I request you to suggest me good text book to begin with and also an advanced one to really use SAS.Also please mention online webresources where i can find some SAS lessons or tutorials.

Thanks,
idiot

I am sure that there are third party groups that offer training, but I would go first to SAS Institute itself. SAS Institute offers a variety of training opportunities, even on line tutorials. You can subscribe to SAS Publishing at where they offer such titles as :

DATA MINING USING ENTERPRISE MINER SOFTWARE: A Case Study Approach, First Edition

GETTING STARTED WITH ENTERPRISE MINER SOFTWARE, Release 4.1

MASTERING DATA MINING: The Art and Science of Customer Relationship Management

DATA MINING TECHNIQUES: For Marketing, Sales and Customer Support

There are many more. I use SAS Version 8.2 on an Intel Windows 2000 platform and find that I can do more 'data management' with SAS than with other data base software. SAS Institute offers a variety of software solutions, but the cost is not cheap. However, SAS Institute's products do deliver.

Good luck,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back