Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAS 9 export into Excel 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlboMrsP

MIS
Jul 16, 2010
GB
Hi,
I'm currently trying to get SAS 9 to export to Excel 2003 on a specific tab without using DDE.

I've scoured the net and got as far as the below:

libname myxls "c:\update.xls";
data myxls.data;
set work.update2;
run;

libname myxls clear;

This will add all the headers in the update2 dataset to the correct Excel file and tab in the workbook, but, no data :-(

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated and will more than likely stop me hitting my head on a wall!! ;-)

Hi Klaz2002

I need to output 2 different datasets to the same excel sheet on different tabs.

Is this possible in a proc export?

You could look into doing a proc append into a XL sheet..

May I suggest: thread376-1335588: export to multiple excel tabs.

It's a bit long and the solution worked for SAS 8 on zOS. Unfortunately, I haven't work with SAS or the mainframe for quite some time and wouldn't be able to assist. Hopefully you'll be able to find enough information to help you accomplish your goal.

Thanks all for your help. I managed to get it to work with the following code:

LIBNAME wrkbk EXCEL 'c:\update.xls';

/*deletes existing named range in Excel to allow overwriting in the next step*/

proc datasets lib = wrkbk;
delete data;
quit;

/*Exports data to excel and creates data named range (and tab if it doesn't exist already)*/

data wrkbk.data;
set update2;
run;

/*Clears libname to allow the Excel file to open, without this the file would be locked*/

libname wrkbk clear;

Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for posting the solution for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back