Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SapConsole vs PocketPc System components

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosa

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
PT
Hello,
I´m starting a new SAPConsole project in my company and i would like some help if possible.
I have already made the SAP screens and tested it in my workstation using SapConsole.
The idea is to provide Sap communication via PocketPc using SapConsole (first using Radio Frequency, later using GSM or GPRS).
-What I would like to kown is what PocketPc device should i use (every pocketpc device is able to run Sapconsole?)?
-What telnet client and server should i use?

This questions are necessary, because i dont have any device and telnet software yet, and i want to buy something that really works and gives no problems (if this could be possible :)).

Thanks,
email: Pedro.rosa@roff.pt (Portugal)

Intermec 700 pocket pc will be okay for you.
And Slnet maybe Okay.

hi,
i need to help about sapconsole. i want to creat new screen and i want to use that screen with logical screen. how can i make it.
thanks

There are several Pocket PC devices available from Symbol and Intermec.

As for the telnet client, try CEVT220 from a company called Naurtech ( I found them this TE client to be the most feature complete.

Paul

SAP will release a "WEBConsole" solution at the upcoming ASUG Conference.
We've just finished testing WEBConsole successfully with a browser and transactions we've written for SAPConsole.
Be Sure to Stop By Booth #543 at ASUG for a demo!

Marius Vermeulen
SAP Mobile Solutions Expert

Hi,

You can try GoodTech Systems telnet server as a solution on the server side.

Rony.

I still think Naurtech Telnet client is the best for Win CE/Pocket PC devices combined with Georgia Softworks Telnet server. These two applications were specially developed for SAP. Georgia Telnet server also support more than 200 concurrent user connections via it's Rocket I/O Engine.

Georgia Telnet Client is also the only Telnet Client that will allow you to do encryption and pass-through printing on DOS devices and also allow you to do server side heartbeat monitoring.

Marius Vermeulen

WHy not look at the LXE MX5....wooow, to date I have never seen such a vivid screen display- crystal clear, Full keyboard, IP 67.... In all a solid product....

Yes, I had the privilege to play with a MX5 unit at ASUG - a but bulky (but extremely robust) but the display is one of the best I've seen so far.

I talked with LXE yesterday and found out that there is already a waiting list for the unit!

– I’ve placed an order for a demo unit and cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Marius Vermeulen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back